KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
Knowledge translation in newborn and child health
(systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines)
Consortium work areas
- Preparation of systematic reviews and GRADE summaries to inform update of national guidelines for child and newborn care in Kenya.
- Implementation of updated clinical guidelines through change in undergraduate medical training, and in-service training of health care professionals.
- Training/sensitization in GRADE methodology for evidence synthesis and clinical guideline development.
Updating of national guidelines for newborn care in Kenya: we are currently preparing systematic reviews and GRADE evidence profiles to inform update of the following guideline topics:
- Feeding VLBW and LBW in low-income countries.
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in newborns.
- Management of respiratory distress in preterm infants: continuous positive airway pressure ventilation.